Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A week in review

This past weekend we had Jalyn's birthday party.

The big ONE ZERO!

#10!




Jalyn about to blow out the candles (with her cousin Hailey).



I can't believe it (oh, yeah, I can) that I forgot to buy candles, and all we had were these "Sparkler Candles". She could not blow them out - it was so funny. Finally several people joined in helping her!



Jalyn opening her presents.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It rained all day on the day of her birthday. It was messy and wet, but now the grass is all green, and the flowers are in bloom. Spring is surely here, and it seems summer won't be far behind.





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I finished the 24 hour collection this morning!!!! Read here and here to find out why we had to do it. I have been having the big box with all the supplies and detailed instructions for a couple of months maybe, but have been too afraid to start it. Once you begin collecting the urine, if you miss ONE time, it's done and they will reject the test. HOW DO THEY KNOW??? I would love to know that, but the doctor, and the lab told me that there has to be 24 hours of urine collected, and if you do not collect it one time - it shows in their tests.

Anyway, since this child in STILL not COMPLETELY potty trained, I have been waiting. I decided I would start it yesterday morning. Praise God - I did not miss one collection! Now, I had to keep him pants-less for 24 hours, and have him pee in a container every hour on the hour - (twice in the middle of the night) - in order to make it happen - and ensure he didn't go at any time I didn't know.

Praise God, I feel like a weight is off my shoulders! It's done. I just have to go drop it off at a Fed Ex today.

Now, please pray that they will find out detailed info as to what his kidneys are putting out, what kinds of crystals, and what we can do (diet or medication) to help reduce the amount of crystals in his urine.

Here he is in my bed yesterday - yes, I was brave - as he was sitting on my bed. And don't you just love when they have to climb up on the bed, right after you make it?