Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Great, Great News!!!!!!

Praise God!!!



Thank You, Thank You God!!!




That is all I keep saying - over and over again!

Joshua's Doctors' nurse called me yesterday evening. He said that Joshua's Renal Ultrasound results were great. No stones (visible that is), no mass of any kind, kidneys and bladder look great!!!

Blood results are all normal. Again, since I am not a doctor, I really don't know what some of this means, but he had elevated levels of uric acid in his urine, and so the Dr. was checking the levels in his blood. Now, I would assume he was checking to see if the levels were high in his blood as well. The nurse that normals levels are from 2-7 and Joshua's were "at the low end of normal - a 2.6" are his words. So, "low" and "normal" are good, right? I'm assuming so! Praying so!

I guess one thing I never posted, and didn't even want to think about, was that elevated levels of uric acid in the body, especially in children, is sometimes associated with cancer. So, to hear that the levels in his blood are low - just makes me want to jump up and down! Or - to quote a song that just came to my mind "Just makes me want to shout, Hallelujah, Thank You Jesus! Lord You're worthy of all the glory, all the honor, and all the praise!! And it makes me want to shout!"

Even though Joshua doesn't know the cause of celebration around him, I'm sure he is extremely thankful!

Here he is the day we came back from the hospital, after he put on his own Spongebob band aid. He keeps telling me - "Mama, look at my green bo-bo" (Since now there is just a bruise there.)




Last night after I got home from the Women's Meeting for church, Joshua was telling me, "Mama, you were lost. Where'd you go?" I told him I wasn't lost, I was at a meeting for church - with some ladies. Then, to drum up sympathy for me leaving him (I suppose), he lifts his pj sleeve, shows me his arm again, and says, "Mama, that doctor hurt Joshie." Then he starts to cry - getting himself upset (I have SUCH emotional children!!), saying, "I don't want anybody to hurt Joshie." I just held him and said, "I don't want anyone to hurt Joshie either."

The nurse said that they will be calling back with an appointment for us to see the doctor, and he will go over the results with us, and see where we go from here.

Thank you all for your prayers - and please continue!