Joshua's doctor apt.: The doctor was very nice. He talked to us about any and all concerns. He told us that Joshua has a few different types of crystals in his urine, one of which has something to do with Vitamin D. So, he ordered ANOTHER blood test, to check if he has a problem processing or absorbing Vitamin D, or something like that. He talked a bit about diet. Concerning the salt issue, it sounds like eating too much salt, or eating a salty diet could make things worse for him, but not many things will make it better. He did another urinalysis, and by looking at his urine, and his lab results, he said that HE WILL GET KIDNEY STONES. Hopefully he does not have any yet. He wanted to to an ultrasound on him that day, but the ultrasound department had no openings. So, we will be going back as soon the nurse sets up an apt. for us. The doctor is trying to narrow the types of crystals he has, narrowing the reasons for them, whether he has any stones yet, THEN we come down to the bottom line. We haven't gotten there yet. Oh, one more thing, we have to do this "24 hour urine collection" on him. He's not completely potty trained, especially not at night. SO, it will be.... difficult. We have to collect every bit of urine for 24 hours to see what is really going on. He explained that a "specimen" is only a snap shot of your urine, that different things vary all throughout the day, and getting 24 hours worth is the only way to see how much calcium (and whatever else) is excreted in the urine. If we do not or can not get it all, he will have to be hospitalized and catheterized for 24 hours. I DO NOT want that to happen!! And will do what I have to not to let it. I will set my clock every hour on the hour, to get him to pee. I will let him walk around naked, me - with cup in hand, if I must.
Some words I can't get out of my mind. Dr. Aviles said that the pain of passing stones is "excruciating and unrelenting".
My poor baby. I just pray he doesn't have any, and won't until he is much older. We can pray for a miracle, that perhaps he would never develop them.
Joshua is sleeping beside me - fell asleep after a long day on the road. This morning we went to my favorite Christian book store, about 20 minutes away. They had Beth Moore journals on sale for an unbelievable price, and me and Lorri stocked up - for ourselves, and for gifts. Then me and some friends from church met at Sicilly's Pizza - yum!! Then brought Jacob to the dentist. Then, we had to bring our main computer to be repaired because it has a VIRUS. (As if there isn't enough going on, and money spent - now this!) Then we all went shopping for our Christmas dinner, and food we have to bring to family get to-gethers.
Tomorrow, I have lots of baking and some cooking to do, then Christmas Eve with family. Christmas day at home, just us 5. Then Friday, lots more family. Then hopefully a relaxing weekend at home with the kids and hubby.
I pray each of you have a very sweet Christmas with those you love.
It is especially hard for me this year, with so much going on, but I really want my focus to be on Christ - on the greatest gift ever given. I wish that my entire family could find Him this Christmas. That their hearts would be so full of Him, they would be overflowing with joy.



