Here in Southerly Louisiana, it is surely summertime. Sweltering heat is already upon us. And it only gets hotter from here... Hubby turned on the news this morning as he was getting ready for work, and I hear they are already discussing the latest hurricane (thank God no where around here) and a "disturbance" in the Gulf. I'm so not ready for Hurricane Season, but none the less - it's here!
Here on the home front - we are surely in a summer pattern. Kids stay up late, and sleep in late. Which generally works good for me - since I get hours alone in the mornings. Which I dearly need to survive. Or at least to flourish :-) Now, of course, I too could sleep in late - but like I said, I need this time to myself.
I am taking one last class this summer...before....nursing school begins in August. Yes, I say (write) that in the most ominous way...
So far, it's actually been really interesting. But once again, I am finding it hard to get back into the swing of studying after almost a month break. I so love my breaks... But boy is it hard to get back in the groove.
In other news:
We have flown a kite:
We have been to the zoo, the park, swimming, the beach...
We have even gotten season passes with a friend and her kids to a water park in Mississippi. Fun, fun. Except... Jalyn and her friend run around to all the water slides... My friend goes with her son on many of the water slides... And Joshua plays in this giant kiddie area with water slides and all kinds of activities. While I sit and bake in the sun. Now, with my fair skin/eyes/hair, I think I should get a bit of a tan. Especially when my friend lays next to me, getting more bronze by the moment.
But, I should know better. The only thing getting more bronze on me is my freckles!
However, my poor legs (the one area I didn't apply sunscreen) were nearly fried under the blistering sun:
For today, I think we'll do some indoor activities!









