Friday, June 3, 2011

Looking for Beauty all Around



In the daily-ness of life,
with all the stresses, trials, bills, frustrations and emotions -

We must take time to look for beauty.
It is surely there -
all around.
If we look for it.


In the green pears growing in the sun...



In delicate flowers that catch the eye...



In tiny cucumbers growing on their vine...



In a quail, looking at me...



In squash, not from a store - growing right there on the ground...



In not yet ripe tomatoes, full of orange promise...



In a dandelion puff - blown and wished upon by a child, or me(!)...



In a hummingbird feeder, sweet with nature all around...


"One thing I ask of the Lord
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple."