Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Happy Months

I forgot to change the date yesterday - on this set of blocks that survived Katrina and two toddlers. 
They have been caked in flood waters and mud, and cracked by littlest one.
Hubby knew how important they were to me, so he glued them as good as new.

I take out the first two blocks, to find my favorite, there in the back.


I tuck in the one for the beginning of the year - my least favorite one - the next in the series of life. 


 But for now, I hold my favorite.  The one that makes up my favorite seasons - all wrapped up in a block.
Family get-togethers, and comfort food.
Cozy days and decorating.
Gifts and reflecting, excitement and preparation.
Fireplaces, lights, nesting. 


I set it in place, and so it begins.
For me, my favorite months of the year.