Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Merry Month of May - 2010


May 1st.

 For as long as I can remember, I have made it a point to write in my journal (or on blog) on May 1st.  May has always felt like a happy month, probably for many reasons.  The number one reason, is that my birthday is in the first week of May.  Reason number two is most assuredly because it always meant school was almost over - first for me, then for the kids.  That's always a happy thing!

I am not so much feeling it this month...  Maybe it's because:

#1, I am just getting older now...  Not much fun in that (after the first 25 yrs or so of wanting to be older).  Now, it just feels old.

#2, I am in the middle of finals - and all the stress that comes with that. I finished 2 and have 2 to go. 

#3, I go to school during the summer!  What a bummer....  After this week, I do get till the first week of June off - and I am going to enjoy every minute of it!!

Reason #4, it's already getting muggy, humid, hot and buggy here.  Today looks like anything but how the first day of May should - it is dreary and bleak.  A low, white/gray sky - no blue or sun to be seen.   I remember how I always liked rainy cloudy days.  I could curl up indoors and read a book - or just enjoy being cozy in the house.  I do not know what happened, but I do not feel much like that anymore!  I long for some sun, beautiful blue skies, and a breeze.  PERFECT weather!

Maybe next week, when these finals are over, and the sun is shining (oh yeah I know, and I will be a year older) - I will feel like my old self and truly celebrate May : )



(My yellow iris' are blooming...  That is May...)