Seriously, I have never underlined so much in a book before! It has been so good. I could journal or take notes for another month or more - just on the topics she brings up. However, I have to part with it today (for a while) because I promised to bring it to a friend so she could read it. (Don't worry - she's an under liner also - and she would have underlined ALL the parts I did too!!)
Priscilla Shirer goes through the Israelites journey out of Egypt and into the Promised Land - and parallels that to our life and how we live. She put things into perspective that I had never thought of before. I can assure you, that the journey they took will never be "stale" again. It will have a personal side I never applied to myself before this book.
She talks about how we all know at least one person who lives the Christian faith so abundantly - that you can't help but just want to soak up what they have. You want to know, how did they get to be like this? How do I get this close to God? How can I believe Him and trust Him in all things? She talks about how we must leave our Egypt (I will let her tell you more about that when you read the book!). How we can live a life of contagious, abundant faith - one that expects Him in our everyday life. A life that is lived looking to our Canaan - and how to get there. One that rises above a mediocre life of faith. How to be a One in a Million.
If you haven't read this book yet- I highly recommend it!



