Friday, May 21, 2010

The First of the Long Hot Days

This morning is the first morning I didn't have to wake up at 5:40 to get kid #1 out of bed, fed and off to school.  (And still - the latest I could sleep was 7 am???  I will have to work on that!)

On Joshie's last day - they had "Water Day".  Though all he wanted to do was play in the sand box - "unburying dinosaur bones" with shovels and paint brushes.  (Hey, it was shaded!)




He finally moved on to painting the sidewalk/patio area - I kept him in the shade here!


There were bubbles and sprinklers and such.  But, sadly for him, I had to pull him away early to attend Jalyn's award ceremony.  It was her last day in her elementary school - before she moves on to Jr. High...


But he did fine - he sat next to me on the bleachers eating a makeshift lunch (it was after noon) -
baby goldfish and a granola bar - with a juice box.


Yes, I need a new camera.  Terribly. 

This is Jalyn going across the stage.  She got awards for 5th grade achievement (for passing), for straight A's in Spelling, and for Chorus.  Her wonderful teacher is in the green shirt. 


Another blur - but she came out okay - as she swiftly walked back to her class - (I so would have practically ran too at her age! - wait, I would now too!)


Jalyn and some friends in her classroom after the awards ceremony.




She was actually sad to be leaving her elementary school.  She is happy about going to Jr. High for a few good reasons though - namely:
You don't have to walk in a straight line anymore when you go down the hall.  You get to walk on any part of the hall - all crazy!!
And you get to sit anywhere you want in the cafeteria!!!
And, you get to talk in the cafeteria without being told to be quiet.

Oh my kiddos are growing up....