Monday, January 11, 2010

Multitude Mondays

I have been very emotional lately.  Part of it is all that comes with being a woman - hormones and all.  Part of it is seeing some things in a different light.  Some is being broken over things in this world, and things God is showing me.  Part is looking at things in me I want to die - and looking for places I want God to breathe in new life, and new hope.  What things am I doing that are meaningless, or that do not bring life to others?  What people have I stopped sharing my faith with because the enemy has made me feel it is hopeless? 

A million other thoughts running through my mind lately.  I just want this year to be different.  And I struggle to see how.  I see past patterns and past failures and it's hard to think I will or others will ever change.  

But there's the thing - I KNOW I can't change, and I KNOW that no one else will either - without God.  Only He can do it.  And that just takes my breath away.  It brings a lump to my throat and tears to my eyes.

For this year - and for all the years I have left - I so desperately want Him to give me a passion and a heart for those around me who do not know the Hope we have in Him - and Him alone.

I continue to count blessings - as I seek Him

190  winter




191  the sky above me - be it blue skies, or a starry night

192  the morning grass - covered in ice crystals - white and still




193  frozen puddles that line the streets

194  books that change me, that make me want more of God - that make me want to seek Him and find       Him - that make me want to be in His Word- to be more like Him

195  fininishing a book with sobs - having been on a most delightful, emotional, and challenging journey

196  starting a new book - a new journey

197  coming in from the cold - feeling the rush of warmth around me

198  a warm mug in my hands

199  scarves :)

200  the sun sparkling off the leaves of the trees

201  curling up under covers



holy experience