Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Kaiser the Show Dog

Kaiser looked like this just a few days ago.  Scruffy and unkempt looking.  But so cute.  Still like a baby.  Fluffy furball he was.
But, his furry little self was developing matts - like overnight it seems.  On his chest.  I tried brushing and brushing - to no avail - and didn't want to hurt him.
So, off to the groomers he went - for his first haircut. The lady at the groomers told me he would look so handsome, but not really like a puppy anymore.  I felt like a mom with a 2 yr old - full of curls - who was getting their first haircut, and then they would end up looking like a big boy.



And that is exactly what happened.  Just look at him. I couldn't believe it - looks like a totally different dog!  Jalyn was freaking out - she misses the furball!  She said he already looked like an old man - but now he looks like a really old man!!  Joshua's exact words were, "OOOHHH, I am so proud of Kaiser!!  He's so dorable!!"






It was so traumatic for him!  There was so much barking - and doggy stench!  He was petrified there!  He has slept ever since we got him home!






This old man actually turned 5 months today!  Not sure if we will keep up this new look for him or not.  Oh, and he lost all of his black fur - except for the under belly - he's all silver now! 

Now I had better wake him up before he decides he's done sleeping when it's time for us to go to bed!