Friday, January 8, 2010

Just Curious? - A Doggy Question



As I take Kaiser out in the freezing cold, and hear his feet crunching the freezing grass,
and as I stand there shivering under the stars,
or in the bright of day, bracing against winter's winds,
I often wonder, "Just how do people do this in REALLY frozen places?" 

Curious minds want to know - or at least mine does.  Does a dog willing step out into snow and go potty? 
Or is it a little like when it's raining here, and I have to drag Kaiser out the door, give him a little push,
and force him to go into the pouring rain? 
Or are "northern" dogs just so used to the frigid temps and snow on the ground, that they think little of it?
Do they like to be out when it is snowy?  Like to run around?
Do you bundle them up?  In cute little sweaters?  Like the one Kaiser keeps trying to chew off,
and the one I love to put on him - just because it's too funny - and too cute?

Do you take them out on a leash?  And stand there shivering - waiting for them to do their business?

Really - any of you snow people, fill me in...