Thursday, December 3, 2009

Some peace and quiet

 I finished two finals this week -
Psychology on Tues, and Algebra last night.
I feel so...free, for the next 6 weeks at least.
I have English on Friday - then it's over for this semester.

I keep thinking about the end of Redeeming Love -
when Amanda (Angel) is running to Michael.
She's removing all of her garments -
one by one -
and coming to him alone -
unhindered.
I feel like I too am peeling off the layers -
one class at a time.
Of course it's not as dramatic for me as the ending of that book is,
but still, the image keeps coming to my mind.

I will now have a bit of rest -
after all my hard work.
I can finally just sit.
Enjoy the fire.






Gaze at the lights on the tree.



Make some new scarves.





Put my feet up.



 Spend more time doing the things that I enjoy most.

 

Cuddling with this one.

 

And even this one.
(He grows on me more and more everyday!)



Spending some time getting "acquainted" with my new bible
 that I have hardly had any time for.

 

Remembering what this time of year is all about.

A Savior who comes to earth,
to die -
to save those who are lost.
To bring light into darkness.
To redeem His very own.

Jesus -

1  The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,


because the LORD has anointed me


to preach good news to the poor.


He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,


to proclaim freedom for the captives


and release from darkness for the prisoners, 


2   to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor


and the day of vengeance of our God,


to comfort all who mourn,


3   and provide for those who grieve in Zion—


to bestow on them a crown of beauty


instead of ashes,


the oil of gladness


instead of mourning,


and a garment of praise


instead of a spirit of despair.


They will be called oaks of righteousness,


a planting of the LORD


for the display of his splendor.

Isaiah 61:1-3