It has been great, but there is one draw back to that sort of journaling. It "guides" your reading and prayer time with a particular topic. Of course, one can pray about anything, but I found that many times the "theme" didn't pertain to what was going on in my life.
About a month ago, I bought a beautiful soft leather journal from Sam's. The best part is that it's blank! And I have been so anxious to get "into it".
Today was the day. I finally completed the last page of the other journal yesterday. And this morning, I was gleefully anticipating a new way of journaling.
I made my coffee, and opened the blinds. Early... When everyone else was sleeping.
I just love the blank pages before me and all the possibilities.
I found this bible reading "plan" that I printed from the computer and made into a book mark. I'm not going to be strict about it - but may choose to follow it. That's the joys of a blank journal. Let the Spirit lead.
Today's reading was from Ezra 8. And it's so neat - I have been thinking about my "key" verses all day.
To read the Word, to savor the Word, and let it become a part of you. To repeat it and pray it all through the day. That just thrills me!
Can't wait to see what He teach me next....



