Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Summer Day

Just a summer day.

One of the last few before school begins again.

A trip to the library. Me and Jalyn get books - Joshua enjoys playing with puzzles.





I have always wanted to read this.



We had to re-check this one out for Jalyn - I LOVED this book as a child.



This is just a short read - I just love reading about C.S. Lewis.



The alphabet puzzle



Joshua is making "words". And making me read them - really difficult to do when they aren't really words. He thought they sounded funny!



I'm a little slow. At first I didn't realize that he was making "words" using all the same colors per word. It wasn't until he was done that I noticed. (I was preoccupied by all the books)



(Ignore the incorrect dates on the following pics - the date on my camera got messed up today)

My after lunch snack.

Lemonade and homemade chocolate souffle - with homemade chocolate sauce and cool whip!!

Yum!!!!





Enjoying the fresh lawn work (shared by me and hubby)



And the pretty but short lived flowers on our Crepe Myrtle tree.





Trying to cool this beast off with some water.



Getting some late evening exercise (after that piece of cake it was either this or a run!)







This seemed like more fun...