Well, I've finished writing my first paper, which is due this week, and am already working on the next one - due the week after. Now, that may sound all ambitious, but really, it looks like this: Me with my notebook and pen in Joshua's room (while he makes me "read" for a train or three), me with my notebook and pen in the backyard baking in the sun while Joshua is throwing dirt and sand my way, or while moving the sprinkler from area to area in the backyard - trying not to get my paper wet. These are the ways a mom must work.
Math update:
Our book comes with a disk that we put in the computer to do our homework. They are actually tests that you take, and they automatically give you your grade. The professor's instructions was to take the tests over and over until you get a 100%, then print them up and turn them in next class. I had 60 problems to do last night, which was more like 120 problems for me, because I kept getting ONE wrong every time I took the tests. There were 3 tests, with 20 problems each. Each time you start it over to take another test - to strive for that 100%, you get a different test. I was seriously about to cry last night, thinking - "How will I be able to do this for the whole summer, the whole book, every chapter?" I FINALLY got all 3 tests done, with 100%'s on them, and printed them up. Then after Tues. nights class, I have another 60 problems (3 tests/homework papers) due for Thurs. night class.
As I was doing all the math, I had Jalyn coming in here asking me to paint the nails on her right hand (she can't paint them with her left hand), Joshua playing with water and red beans all over the kitchen floor, the noise and activity of the tv and a family - I looked over at Jacob and said, "Jacob - learn from me - go to college after high school - when you have nothing else to do BUT SCHOOL!"
Alright, now I'd better go check that message board for English.
This is going to be a long next few years. If I make good grades, and do well, it will be so worth it though!



