Monday, June 1, 2009

Mini Vacation

Kind of on the spur of the moment - we took a little vacation to Orange Beach, Alabama this past weekend. It was perfect timing, when good friends of ours wanted us to go for the weekend with them. I was feeling stressed over the joys (not) of raising a teenager (won't go into that), and school starts this week for me - so, great time for a trip away.

Orange Beach is right next to Gulf Shores, AL - about 3 hours away from here. Nearly everyone I know has vacationed there except for us - so I was happy to go. Our hotel was across the street from the beach - a ways.


Here is the USS Alabama.



Joshie and Jalyn on the long ride (it felt long)



Me, my friend Jenny, (Jenny's little girl - Alyssa, is the little carrot top in the corner) Joshua and Clay - sitting in the shade.



Our beach view.



Jacob doing his favorite thing - sitting on the couch watching TV, with his cell phone on his lap.



Joshua on the beach.



Joshua in the hotel pool - first time in a pool with floaties (I know, they are Alyssa's - pink floaties with a pink noodle).



Miss Jalyn in the pool.



Joshua floating about.



Me on the beach.



It was fun - too short of a vacation - but it is always nice to come home! I couldn't wait to do laundry and get all the sand off of us. (Now the truck is another story - I don't know when the sand will be out of there!)