Friday, May 29, 2009

OUCH!!




Okay, NOW I am officially ready for school. (Or at least I think I am.)

I went yesterday to get A shot - a Tetanus shot. I thought, "Well, it's just one, I can do this." You see, I HATE shots. I can give blood any day - but the thought of shots in my arm, going into my muscle, it just bothers me - immensely.

I get to the doctor, and show them the shot record my dad found (literally started the day I was born - from the looks of the paper, it appeared I am 77 years old, instead of 37). Anyway, this lady begins looking it over, and says, "Hummmm... It looks like you never got 2 MMR's. You will have to get that one too." I am like, "What? My mom got me all my shots. How would I have been allowed in school to begin with if I didn't get both?" She replies, "I'm sure you did get them, but they probably forgot to write it down - so, you have to get it again."

Now, I was beginning to feel a little sick (especially after the nearly 2 hour wait I had to sit and dwell on it). But, to keep me brave, were several little 4 and 5 year olds there to get their shots. All around me were moms and dads assuring their little ones that it would only be like a bee sting - and it would be quick. Most of them were getting like 4 shots. I even thought of Joshua who will be having to get his 4 year old shots this year (again, I think it's 4 shots he will need also).

I thought, "If these little ones can do it - I must be able to do it."

Then she calls my name. I go back and sit in the chair. I say, "I am as bad as a kid - I hate shots." She just laughs and tells me that every adult who has come in there that day had said the same thing. That made me feel a little better. She did the left arm first, the Tetanus. Initially, it didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. Then the right arm, the MMR - to which she says, "Okay, this one burns going in." Great. And it did. After I had my bright pink band aid on one arm, and a bright yellow/green one on the other arm - I was soooo happy - I did it and it was OVER!!!!

Within a few minutes, I couldn't even tell I had had a shot in my right arm - the burning MMR turned out to be the best. Within an hour or so, my left arm began to feel sore (the nurse told me it would). Now this morning, OUCH - my arm is so sore. Feels like I got punched.

I am so happy it is over! I know, I am such a baby. (After 3 c-sections, and 3 other surgeries, you would think I would be tougher!)