Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March 24th

Happy Birthday to Jalyn!

She's finally 10!



Her birth was my most relaxed one. A scheduled C-Section. My OB picked the date - he said to me a week before, "I'm at the hospital on Wednesdays, how about March 24th for a birthday?" I was like, "Okay." And it seemed weird, that I would know her birthdate ahead of time.

I can remember my mom coming over that morning to watch Jacob, who was 3 1/2 at the time. Me and Clay got out of the car at the hospital, and he took my hand. He said something I'll never forget. "The things we have to do to be alone." I thought that was so funny, because at the time, we never did anything without Jacob.

Jacob's birth was scary and I ended up having an emergency C-Section, so Jalyn's was very low-key in comparison. My doctor laughed and joked through the whole delivery.
I remember when she came out, we couldn't think of who she looked like! Her little nose was smooshed from being so cramped in me. Luckily for her, it straightened out within a couple of hours!

Jalyn loves her stuffed animals.



These are her favorite friends and have been for years - Shelby, Josie, and her cousin Hailey.



She is truly the best big sister.



She loves to sing.



And she loves to take pictures of herself using my phone.



I'm going to bring some chocolate cookies to her class that we made together last night.

Happy Birthday Jalynbug!