Thursday, March 26, 2009

Clay's surgery is over!!! I am so happy that it is finally over and he is doing well. He's in quite a bit of pain, but doing better than I feared. His surgery was yesterday evening - around 3 hours.

I got to spend the whole day at the hospital with him yesterday, thanks to a sweet lady at church who stayed with Joshua. Then yesterday evening, my Mom arrived to watch the kids and spend the night so that I could stay with Clay. Even though he was in a lot of pain, we had a really sweet time together. And today, my best friend took Joshua all day so I could be at the hospital. I held his hand and we walked around the floor a few times today. When he's upright, he's okay for a while, but getting up and down is quite painful and difficult.

Lots of friends prayed for him throughout the day and called or texted me to let me know - and all thoughts and prayers were so appreciated! Thank you all so much.

We are hoping he is discharged tonight. The doctor will be coming to check on him late this evening, and I am anxiously waiting! I am going to take the kids up to the hospital in a little while so they can see their dad for the first time since surgery. I am a little concerned that Joshua won't understand that he has to be gentle with Daddy. Usually they play rough together! Or that he will want Daddy to hold him.

I am just praying that the back surgery will be a success and that he will have a quick recovery!