Sunday, March 22, 2009

How I spent my Sunday Evening

This has been one of the most beautiful weekends here in a long time. Sunny and warm, but breezy, with low humidity. Best of all, not many bugs. See, living here in Lovely Louisiana - especially so close to a big lake and marsh land, you have the pleasure of coexisting with lots of mosquitoes and gnats. Lovely. Really, it is miserable - but this weekend, we have had a little reprieve.

Joshua wanted to play outside this evening - and I was happy to sit out there with him.

My view from our backyard.



While he happily played, I took some books and a cup of coffee and set up on the back patio. Now that my other study is done, I am going to do a precept study on the book of Psalms - by myself.



My journal, bible and book.



Though it was hard to concentrate or even get through a page because of a certain little boy and these trains.



And a big hole dug by this beast - Blue.



Yeah, he had to drive/crash them all in there, but wouldn't dare stick his hand in there to get them out. Oh no. The things you do as a mother.



Here they are drying off in the sun.



Now he's trying to give me his backwards wave to help me forget that I just had to stick my hand in that water hole/mud puddle to fish out his beloved trains.



Gotta do a little jumping.



Got to give me that sweet smile, and ask Mama for the blue tracks, because of course there are 3 different kinds of tracks. And there was one place on our property that he had not yet built his train tracks - the trampoline.







To top off my Sunday evening - I made a big batch of peanut butter rice krispy treats. Yummmmm.....