Monday, January 26, 2009

Laundry Woes



Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

The sound of my dryer spinning the clothes around right now is like music to my ears!

4 to 5 days ago, I was doing laundry - none too happily, but doing what needed to be done. I opened the dryer, and felt the clothes. Still damp, and COLD. The dryer had been spinning. "What? Why are they cold? OH NOOOOO!!!!! The dryer is broken!"

That was last Thursday - and since then, the laundry has been piling up! The first day or two, I tried just washing the clothes in the still functioning washing machine, then hanging everything up to dry. Well.... I do not own a clothes line, so everything was hung on hangers, all over my laundry room, and hanging from the shower curtain rod. I am so not a fan of this. Everything dried eventually - wrinkled and crunchy! A towel was so crunchy feeling, I felt sorry for whoever tried to dry off with it!

Midday Saturday, Clay had it all taken apart and checked out, - the heating element. Well.. The only appliance place to carry it was closed until Monday morning. So, of course I drove over there today - desperately hoping they would have the heating element. They did. For only $81.00!!!!!! I was not happy about the cost, but, what cha gonna to do????

So, after a long hard day at work (Clay, not me) - I asked him (I would have begged, but it wasn't necessary) - to put it all back together, please. I could not wait to do laundry - and get to the bottom of my laundry basket.

I am on my third load - and washing and folding the clothes has never seemed more enjoyable. AAAHHHHHH!!!!

I shall not complain about doing any chore that an appliance does most of the work again. (ie dishwasher, garbage disposal, oven, microwave, washer, dryer). At least until this "laundry high" wears off!