He had a cool mobile that I picked out after Hurricane Katrina, it displayed moving stars on the ceiling, while the music played. So, even as a "big" boy, he would like me to turn off the light, and he would lay in his bed and enjoy.
Some lady I didn't even know, gave me this crib after Katrina. The crib that Jacob and Jalyn had had - and that Joshua got to use for 2 months, was flooded and gone. It was a Simmons crib and mattress - and I didn't even know Simmons made cribs. It was a very sweet blessing. I remember when she came to our rental house and brought it, she said that her youngest was 3, and that her husband had cried when he took it down.
Well, I took it down this time, because I feared Clay might cry too!
We passed it down to a friend who just had her 8th child (baby Ben - who I got to witness being born). So - it is only appropriate that he should get the crib! The only reason it was up so long, was because I was waiting for when she needed it.
It is sad - not to have a crib anymore - and never again, unless we set one up for our grandchildren one day.
I had originally planned to go shopping for a "big boy bed" immediately after. However, I am liking his room right now without one in there. Hey, he doesn't sleep in there anyway - so what's the rush? No, really, we will get him one soon, but for now, it's like a playroom. I've put a big round chair in there, where the crib was, covered it with one of his blankets, and it is where I sit and read while he is playing - when he makes me sit in there with him (which is often).
Oh, the milestones of life.



