I had mentioned a few weeks ago that we would be doing a different one, but after reviewing the workbook, we realized that participants also had to buy a hard covered book in order to do their work. Well, that is okay, but we didn't want to make everyone have to buy a book and a workbook, and there was LOTS of reading involved for each weeks study - so, we decided on another one.

Okay, on to the "in my home part". Do I really want to divulge such info..... They say confession is good for the soul. So, here goes.
First off I must say - I am not leading the study - my best friend is. And since our church won't be in our building until Fall, I just jumped in and said - "We can have it at my house."
Now, had I had taken the time to roll all of what that entails in my mind - I would have chickened out. So, I just said it quickly, and knew I'd "deal with it" later. Or should I say, God - dealing with me.
I want to be so hospitable, and so friendly and make everyone feel so at home, really I do. I'm just a bit of a clean fanatic, and the stress I put on myself to make sure that everything is perfect....... Well, it's just uncalled for - and that is what God is telling me. I don't have a 2 story house - where all of the bedrooms and mess could hide upstairs. Also, for the ladies to use the bathroom, they have to walk down the hallway - past ALL of the kids rooms. I have already decided to just shut Jacob and Jalyn's doors. Not that their rooms are a mess or anything, but if it reduces a little bit of my stress, not to have to worry about if their beds are perfect, or if Jalyn's desk is cluttered with all her papers and CD's and such, it's best just closed.
I just know that God will be dealing with me big time on this whole perfection and worry issue during these 6 weeks. Pray that I listen when He Speaks To Me.
Our church has hired 2 young women (who go to our church) to work the nursery (Joshua's room, and den depending on the amount of kids). Joshua has the BIGGEST aversion to ANY crying WHATSOEVER. It doesn't matter if it's Sponge bob on TV, or a baby - even if a baby shrieks in excitement - he will begin to cry so hard - his eyes squinted closed - and he will wail and wail. It is just so upsetting to him. This Sunday when I picked him up in the nursery at church, as soon as he saw me, he began crying so hard - saying, "The kids scream at Joshie." It makes life challenging when being around other kids. If they are calm and quiet - like him, he's fine. So... Pray for a peaceful and happy childcare situation. And if he is upset - at least we are home, and I can plop him on my bed, in my room, and put something on TV for him. Give him some solitude to de-stress.
Also - I just have to tell you all - GO GET THIS BOOK!!!

I got it from my local library - the cover of the one I have is different (much older looking and totally different actually) - but PLEASE - GO FIND IT!!!
It is one of the best books EVER!! My husband says I say that about all the books I read - but I promise - it is sooooo good.
Okay - Go.
Now!!!
Francine River - "And The Shofar Blew".



