
Yesterday on the way to Hobby Lobby. I'm driving down the road, and a car suddenly pulls into my lane, almost hitting me. I blow the horn as my heart rate climbed to dangerous beats per minute.
Joshua: from the back seat, "What happened Mama?"
Me: "That car almost hit Mama's car."
Joshua: "That car's gonna crack Mama's car like an egg!"
Me: "I hope not."
Joshua: "It IS gonna crack you car like an egg!"
Me: "Okay."
Getting out of the car at Hobby Lobby.
Joshua: "I don't want to sit in a buggy."
Me: "Okay, you can walk Joshie."
Joshua: "WOOK! A puddle!"
Me: "Joshua, please don't splash me."
Joshua: "I don't want to splash you." (Which means, I want to splash, but I Hear you - that you don't want to be splashed.)
Me: "Thank you Joshie."
Joshua: "You Welcome Mama."
As soon as we walk in Hobby Lobby.
Joshua excitedly says: "Where are the Christmas Trees?"
Me: "Alright, lets go find them." Knowing I need to get things, but knowing I will get no where until we go see the trees.
Joshua: "Where are all the baby trees?"
Me: "I think this is all they have left."
Joshua looking at a tree with tiny pine cones on it. He says in the sweetest voice: "Mama, wook at these baby pine cones - so cute."
While he continues to look at the trees, I look at the ornaments and decide since they are 50% off, I will get 3.
Joshua, looking sneaky, holding an ornament: "Mama, I have to hang it on the tree."
I can see he wants me to tell him its okay - so badly.
Me: "Okay Joshua, you can hang JUST ONE." (Hey, it's free advertising of their ornaments, right?)
He complies, and it so happy he got to do it. If I would have let him, he would have had EVERY one of those trees decorated with their ornaments!
We are walking down different aisles, and as I'm about to turn one aisle, I hear him say, "Oh no, what happened. Tree fell down." (Now, he didn't do it, it was like this.)
Then I hear, "Oh, Joshie can fix it." And he uprights the little tree. Sweet.
We go to the jewelry section, because you know, I can't pass up beads now.
He grabs a pack of beads off the shelf, "Oh Mama, wook, it's perfect." Then throws it in my buggy.
When he's not looking, I put it back.
Trying to move him on to another section.
Me: "Joshua, lets go over here."
Joshua: "I don't want to go over here." Over and over, as he follows me.
While looking for little gift/jewelry boxes, he sees these cardboard letters, about 10 inches high. I'm searching for what I need and glance over, and he's lining up all the letters on the floor - straight up. It was cute, but I said,
"Joshua, you can't put all the letters on the floor, the lady doesn't want you messing up the store. You have to put them back."
Joshua, "I don't want to put them back."
I look a bit more.
He holds up two letters. A "N" in one hand and a "M" in the other. He puts them together and says, "What does that spell?" "It spells MOM!"
Hey, he was close!
Sadly (for him), I helped him put them back.
Me: "Okay, lets go give the lady the money, then we will go bye-bye."
Joshua, following behind me. "Wook."
I stop and see him standing in the aisle, looking down at his hands.
Joshua: "Oh no, my hands are dirty. It's okay, I clean them on the flowers."
There were flowers all fluffing out at him right next to where he was standing.
He puts his hand on them and just wiggles his hands around.
Joshua: "It's okay now."
Me: "Oh good." How funny! And they were not dirty, maybe dusty from touching everything!
Leaving Hobby Lobby.
He reaches up to grab my hand and says, "Mama, mickey hand." (Which means "gimmie")
Me: "Okay Joshie, mickey hand."
We had to stop at the grocery store.
After driving off from the grocery store, I look back and realize I didn't buckle him. I pull over as soon as I can, and say, "Oh no Joshua, Mama forgot to buckle you. I don't want the baby to get hurt."
Joshua: "I don't want the baby to get hurt."
When we get home, he runs in the house, sits on the couch and kicks his shoes off.
Joshua: "Mama, can you turn on these lights and these and these?"
Me, putting groceries away, "Joshua, can't you turn on these and these and these."
Joshua - in a very happy, encouraging voice: "No Mama, you can do it!"
While in Winn Dixie, someone asked me his age - I told her 3 1/2. She smiled and said, "Oh that is the cutest age!"
I think I agree.



