I strapped on my walking shoes, put on my MP3 player, and quickly ducked out.

The sky yesterday evening was the bleakest of bleak. It was totally white, misty and it seemed to come down on top of you. Since we have gone from SNOWING and COLD to MUGGY and WARM, we are now blanketed in fog - this morning. Yesterday evening, I don't know what it was, but it almost dreamlike, as if the this heavy white sky had descended on us. Had it not been for my music, slightly blaring in my ears, it could have been depressing.
I walked and walked, as fast as I could, enjoying the sounds of Kutless, Jeremy Camp, Jars of Clay, Leeland, and Casting Crowns. Looking at all the Christmas decorations, and a few people adding the finishing touches to their displays.
I find this time - during a walk, to be so exhilarating. I am always in awe of God. Whether it's a beautiful sky, or like yesterday evening, when a bunch of birds flew overhead, in the shape of an arrowhead - across the bleak sky. I lose myself to the point I am singing aloud - but not loud, and catch myself hoping no one can hear me! It's a time of prayer and praise, and hopefully calories burned and muscles toned!!
I come back home when it's almost dark, feeling energized. And looking forward to my next walk!



