Friday, November 7, 2008

Our Time



This week, I was outside, watering the quickly browning grass. I don't think it is so much due to lack of water, as it is that IT IS NOVEMBER, but, I was trying.

As I watered, my back was facing the direction of the wind - and I was facing this lone standing tree. The cool wind swirled around me, and the sun was beginning to come out. It felt wonderful, and looked beautiful.

As it sometimes does occur to me, this fact fell upon me so intensely:

I am alive.

This is my time - our time - on this earth.

I thought of the millions and billions of people who have lived before me - how it must have seemed "their time" would go on and on.

Psalm 144:4 says,
"Man is like a breath; his days are like a fleeting shadow."

In our Daniel bible study this week, we are studying God's Kingdom calendar. The events on the timeline leading to the End of Days.

Beth Moore discussed how we are living in the "Church Age" right now - the days of grace. How we keep looking around for a better generation to come along. She said, "We are that better generation." This is it. We are now living in days of light.

This is our dot on the timeline of life. It is NOW for us. We are on, and this is our day!

This is so profound to me.

I want to live on purpose. I want what I do with my time on our dot on the timeline to count.

For me, this helps me to think with a different perspective. Not to get myself upset about things that really don't matter. To focus on what is really important.

As I stood there, with the cool breeze swirling around me - I was just in awe that I am here - and this life is so amazing and so awesome! I am so thankful for the many blessings God has given me.

Things like just being in the presence of my husband and children - to be able to reach out and touch them - to hug them and love them. The fact that my parents are alive and well - that I can visit them when I want. To be able to walk into my cozy home, and have everything I need. To call or visit with much loved friends. All right now - while we are here.

I am in awe of Him - and what He has done in my life.