Wednesday, November 5, 2008

3 yr. old funnies

On a lighter note.

When Joshua first began to not want to sit in the buggy at the grocery store, he would see me getting one, knowing that I wanted to put him in, he would say everytime:
"Mama, Joshie wants to walk with his footsies."
And he would say it so sweetly (as to get his wish), I couldn't NOT let him walk with his footsies.

When Clay leaves the room and Joshua can't find him:
"Oh no, I can't find my Dadda." (In the saddest voice)

When I set a plate of food in front of Joshua that he doesn't want (daily):
"No Mama, Joshua don't want to eat it. No Mama, I don't want to eat noodles (or whatever it may be)....No Mama, I don't want to eat grapes....."

Last night - Joshua was holding a little batman, playing with it. I said:
"Joshua, that batman is so cute." He says back, "No mama, Batman is not so cute, he's like a bat."

If I ask Joshua if he is a big boy:
"No Mama, Joshie is a baby." Then he smiles so sweet.

On Halloween night, while trick or treating, I wanted to hold him in between houses(to hurry up already), so I ask him if I can and he says,
"No Mama, Joshie walk. Josh-ua is too big for Mama."
I said, "Oh no, Joshie's not too big for Mama!!!" He laughed and laughed, but wouldn't give in.

EVERYTIME I turn the bath water on:
Joshua puts his fingers in his ears and says,
"Mama, water is toooo loud!"

When Jalyn wants to give him a hug,
"No sissy, I don't want a hug." Then she does it anyway, and he acts as if he's being tortured.

Whenever I need to go somewhere,
"No Mama, Joshie wants to stay here." Then I have to fight him or bribe him to leave.

Joshua has LOTS of Thomas Trains. Since he started really playing with toys - they have been his favorite. He knows every train by name and frequently, out of the blue, will ask for one.
"Mama, I can't find Spencer...or Salty....Or Murdoch....or Percy....or Diesel 10"
Then will say, "Mama will find it."

Over time, his little trains, after much love (and such things as being buried in the sandbox, and then washed off in the dog's water bowl), their little painted on eyebrows and eyes will begin to dissappear.
"Oh No Mama, what happened to Thomas' eyebrows? Mama fix it!"
So, I have to get out a permanent marker and draw the eyes (which are easy) or the eyebrows (which are not). Thomas ends up looking grouchy and Joshua just stares at it like, "What did you do!!"

When Joshua waves, instead of the palm of his hand being outward, the back of his hand is outward. It is too cute. Clay loves it so much, he will wave the same way, just to keep it going a little longer.

2 nights ago, I was giving Joshua a bath. He gets out, and I begin drying him off. I turn my back, and he stands close to the bathtub, (next to the toilet) and pees into the bathtub. I said, "Joshua, what are you doing???!!!!" He laughs.

He loves eggs. Now, of course, he wouldn't eat one, nooo!!! But, if he sees them in the store, he is so delighted, and wants to stay by the eggs. You know how when one is broken, people often leave it open, so others will see not to get that carton? Well, I can just see his wheels turning. I have to tell him over and over (usually with an older woman nearby laughing), "Joshua, just look at the eggs, don't touch them!" He wants to get one so bad, I know.

If he sees me with a can drink, or a cup of coffee (it's only decaf), he will go in the kitchen, get a straw (or as he says, "A strawf") out of the drawer, come to me, put the "strawf" in, and just walk off with my drink.

Joshua calls McDonalds - "Waydonalds" and french fries, "cinch fries".

He calls the backyard, "Fackyard".

On the trampoline for the last few evenings, he has discovered a new game. Jalyn will fall down, and say, "Joshua, sissy fell down!" He says, "Sissy, hold on!" Then he grabs her hands and looks back at me and says, "Mama, you push Joshie's back." He means to say pull, but said push until he caught on. Everytime we do this (many times), he says something different. After he grabs her, he will say, "Mama, you pull my toes." or "Mama, you pull my footsies." Then we all pull - like everyone pulling Pooh Bear out of Rabbit's den - until we all fall down cracking up!

Walking into Walmart during the Halloween season - "WOOK MAMA! A SPOOKY!" (upon seeing the decorations)

When he sees Target, "WOOK Mama, it's the circle store!" (Which he loves for their awesome selection of Thomas trains, and the pizza hut in the front!) (I love the pizza hut part too!)

Whenever we are in the car, and I have the radio on something for ME (rarely), and he hears "Jesus", he will say, "Mama, what that man talking about - Jesus?"

Occasionally when we get out of the car to go to church, he will begin singing, "Yes, Jesus loves me - the bible tells me so!" (Got to love those ladies in the nursery working with the little ones!)

He prefers to be naked then to have clothes on. He will strip anytime (thankfully not ANYWHERE), and we are so used to him running around this way, that when one of Jake or Jalyn's friends come over - they will say "MOM - put some pants on Joshua!"

When Joshua nursed (for a long - long time), he would always touch a mole that is on my chest. It was like a comfort spot. Even now when I pick him up, without even looking, he will search my chest with his hand. If he can't find it, he will say, "Where is your baby button?" Then I will put his hand on it, and he will smile so big. I know - strange, but comforting to him.

At night he will kiss me and say, "I wuv you Mama". Then he will kiss Daddy, and say, "I wuv you Dadda". "Nite nite".