I have officially been "sick" for a week. It started with a sore throat last Friday. That got really bad, but the majority of the pain only lasted that night. The next day came the runny nose/stuffy nose. It wasn't bad - minor cold. By Monday, I felt I was on the mend. Then came Tuesday, and still had some lingering effects. Wednesday, my voice began to change. By Thursday, I could go from sounding like a man to a mouse - all in the same sentence. Last night, I coughed and coughed - trying to go to sleep. Now, here I am, one week later, and it's still hanging on! Still have the runny nose, slight cough, and cartoon voice. (Flip-flopping between Marge and Lisa Simpson every other word!)
I am just so ready to feel better and sound normal (and I thought I hated my natural voice). So far, Jacob and Jalyn have not gotten this, and I pray they don't. I don't think I could be in school, trying to focus, with having to blow my nose every other minute.
As much as I HATE to - I think I'm calling the doctor today. That part of me that hates going (with a 3 yr old in tow - to a doctor's office where the average wait is an hour) - keeps saying, "But it's just a cold - what is she going to do for you?"
We shall see.
Now, let me go. Got to take my 50th Mucinex of the week.