Sunday, November 16, 2008

Double Tear Jerker

I must want my nose to continue on it's runny/stuffy path.

I was doing okay this evening. I got settled in bed to watch the one TV show I MAKE SURE I watch:



And I knew the tears would be coming. I LOVE this show. I can't see how anyone couldn't, and yet I do know of a couple of people who don't. My Mom and my daughter - two "women" who I would think I could count on to love a show I do, both have the comment, "I don't really care for that show"!!!!! What is wrong with them, I don't know. Watching really great people have really great things happen to them - it's so sweet! I cry and am so happy for them.

In last week's episode - that handicapped coffee shop owner, who only hires other disabled people, who just so happened to come to a house to help a family (who has disabled children) - and then, SURPRISE, they decide to build him a new coffee shop to accommodate his (and other people's) walker and wheelchairs - Oh My Gosh, I was wiping and sniffing for an hour after!

Who couldn't love these guys?



So, right about the time I was going to the only quiet room in the house (to watch my weekly show), Jalyn calls out to me, "Mom, the Notebook is on."

My heart sinking.

I just watched this movie a couple of weeks ago, and cried and smiled the whole way through. I wasn't sure if I could take the emotional roller coaster again. And AT THE SAME TIME as Extreme Home Makeover?

But, I couldn't resist. So, I flipped back and forth (thankfully they both had staggering commercials!).



Other than "Cold Mountain", I've never wanted a couple to end up together (falling in love) so badly! Considering both of those movies, it is a tie.

It's just so sweet, and emotional.






So now that I'm all stuffy and runny, emotional and exhausted (from the roller coaster of highs and lows), and now that Joshua has finally fallen asleep - I think I'll prop up some pillows (so that I can hopefully breathe) and go to bed.


And no - I still haven't gone to the doctor!

But hey, I do SOUND a little better!