Friday, October 3, 2008

Why, Why and Just Why????

As you all know, I had plans for tonight. Nice plans.

Plans for me and Clay to go to dinner and to see the movie "Fireproof".

Well...

Joshua woke up this morning, went straight in his sissy's room, and began playing.

All was well.

I ordered me and Clay's tickets for the movie online, to be extra sure that it would not sell out.

I had to be sure we would see it.

Moments after I PAID for the tickets and printed up the paperwork, Joshua asked for something to eat.

I got his breakfast/early lunch. By the time I got it to him, he was laying on the couch and not looking to well. I began silently pleading with God, "Please don't let him be sick... Not today of all days... Please."

He wouldn't even sit up to eat. I fed him a few bites. He didn't want much. It soon became obvious that he was not well.

Some time after, he started to cry, and it came. What I dreaded - he threw up.

That did it. I had to tearfully call my friend and tell her that we couldn't go, and she wouldn't have to watch the kids.

Now. This child has only had one stomach virus ever - if you want to call it that. Back in January, he threw up twice one morning, then was fine the rest of the day. That was it.

And guess what we had scheduled for that day. My sister in law gave me and Clay gift certificates for a massage - in our home - for Christmas last year. I had called and scheduled the date for the lady to come.

It was that day. The only massage I have ever had in my life (done professionally) was that day.

I believe in warfare!!!

This was to be our only dinner/movie date in YEARS I am telling you.

Anyway, Joshua is fine, he only threw up once, this morning. You could tell he did not feel well for a few hours. He took a little nap, and stayed on the couch most of the day. By the time his Daddy got home from work (my would-be date), he was just beginning to feel better.

So, the tickets were already paid for. Clay told me to ask a friend and just go. I thought about who for a while and was too sad about us not going. Finally, I thought about taking Jalyn. I know it wasn't a "kids" movie, but it was PG, and I knew it would be a good movie. I explained to her that she could go with me if she wanted to, but that it was a movie about marriage. She's only seen 2 or 3 movies in the past few years, so she was happy to go.

Me and her just got home a little bit ago.

I was so sad that Clay wasn't next to me, but he promised me that he would go with me and I could just see it again, as soon as it is possible.

The movie was AWESOME!! I loved it. It was sad, funny, heartwarming, encouraging, and just such a good story.

I would encourage everyone to go see it - with their sweetie. Even if their sweetie isn't being a sweetie. Even if you have to see it with your 9 yr. old daughter.

I can't wait until our next date night.

What on earth will happen on that day? Everyone be praying that absolutely NOTHING happens on that day - just a good ole' ordinary day - with nothing noteworthy or date - stopping. Please.