Monday, October 6, 2008

Fresh Out of Ideas

Alright ladies, I really do like to cook. I like to think of myself as a good cook - but I think a good cook needs to be more creative. For the most part, I speed through cooking like my Mom always did, and as a result, things can sometimes end up burned. The good side of that is that I can usually whip up a meal pretty quickly.

My problem for the most part is that I just can't come up with ideas to cook. I tell my husband, I am OUT of ideas. Tapped out. I don't know if it's the early Alheimer's I am sure to inherit, or what, but I just can not think of meals to cook.

Let's not forget, the other hard part of cooking for a family - juggling everyone's likes and dislikes. Okay, we've all heard, "Cook one thing and if they don't like it, they don't eat." Well, realistically, most of us Mothers can't help but take in consideration what everyone likes when we are planning our meals.

I used to watch lots of cooking shows, and those gave me inspiration and ideas. I think that was when I was nursing, and would sit and watch more TV. Now, I'm not watching much, so my inspiration has dried up.

I found this blog on another blog, and I occasionally check it, but haven't in a while. I got on this morning, and couldn't stop reading. I think I will just plan my weekly meals around her blog.

Here it is:

http://goodthingscatered.blogspot.com/

I don't know how to make it a clickable link. I guess I'm not that "blog savy" yet. Or computer savy at all!

Anyway, I'm sure there are other good websites I don't know about - other than the Food Network, so if anyone knows of other good ones, please let me know.

Today, here in this house, I will be serving Trusty Spaghetti, with a cheesy garlic bread.

That sounds pleasing enough. Tomorrow, I shall try one of the "Good Things Catered" recipes - oh, and I've got to try that chocolate cake - from scratch!