Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Burning the Midnight Oil

I have been up for the past 2 nights - pretty late, "whipping up" more bracelets. After my initial burst of energy - when I made my first 10 or so, I slowed down for a little while. I love all of them, and wear a different one everyday.

But.... Where do I do from here? I don't see myself getting a booth in a craft fair. I don't know why, but no for now. I can see having a little "show" in my house.

I will have to make a lot more if and when I decide to do that. The hard part so far is that I love them so much, there are certain ones that are hard to part with! I need to just make duplicates of the ones I love.

So far, I've made a few with wire, and all I get from that is sore fingertips. I'm serious - my thumb still hurts from 2 nights ago, trying to bend and "work" with the wire. You obviously need good tools - which I have one, and I wouldn't say it is a good one!

Anyway, I love making them,and love thinking of new "designs". I love dainty jewelry, so a lot of what I have made suits my taste. I was thinking last night though that people have varied tastes, so I should try something different, even if it's not exactly my style. (That way they will be easier to part with!! Ha Ha!)

These are all the ones I have made for the past 2 nights.

There seems to be no way to capture the detail or how pretty they really are, or the colors in them. So, I have to settle for these pics for now.

This one is my favorite right now - it's got little silver dragonflies on it (and the dark beads are a deep red brown).













Okay, now let me go crawl around on the floor and find the beads I dropped last night!