Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hello Out There

I have been out of the "blogisphere" for a few days. I have been busy, but I've also had alot on my mind.

One of those things is something I am trying to "come to terms with". Being a military wife, I am always subconsciously aware of having to move. It's just that the area in which we live has LOTS of Coast Guard jobs - so we have been so blessed to be here in the same town for a little over 11 years. I grew up in one area - about 45 min. from here, but had never been here in this town until we moved back down here from a tour in Michigan. We wanted to be back down here because of our families.

Now, it is much more.

This town has become home to us in these years. When we first moved here, Jacob was not even 2, and we didn't know anyone. For about a year, I was so lonely, Clay was on a ship, and it was mostly just me and Jacob.

Slowly I began to make friends here. Then, I began going to church, and made lots of lifelong friends. I became a Christian here, I have went to countless bible studies here. 2 of my children were born here. I absolutely love my church and can't imagine finding another one like it.

Our town has been through such heartbreaking devastation, with Hurricane Katrina. There was no one left in my neighborhood for a long time, every house flooded and destroyed. And now, this city has healed and after 3 years, it's hard to imagine what it was like then.

And my best friends, well, I can't even think of leaving them.

We are due to transfer in May. Up until now, there have been several jobs for my husband to chose from, but the higher up you go, the less jobs there are, in each area of the country. So, he tells me the other day, that it doesn't look like there are any openings here.

Wow.

I should already have thought of all of that. Right? But, me, like most people, just kind of go about their day, not thinking too much into the future.

I wish I were the exciting, adventurous type. Those military wives who are open to anything. Me, I am comfortable with the same and familiar. Even though, I have to remind myself, that every time we travel, we always ask ourselves, "And why do we want to live where we do?". It's just that this country has such beautiful scenery, and landscape, and where I live, let's face it, the scenery is not what you come for!

I need to just be praying that God will lead us somewhere that my husband will be happy with his job, and that our whole family will be safe and happy. That God would lead us where He wants us, and trust Him in that decision.

My husband sent me a long list of job openings across the country via email, yesterday, and told me to rank them in order of preference. Well, I don't even know where half of them are. If you've ever tried to read a military document, it's a little like reading Greek. It's mostly all capital letters, almost no vowels, and I have no idea how they read it. I could only make out a few cities - some I liked, some I cringed at.

Yes, God will have to make the way for us. It seems overwhelming to me, to think that in a few months, I will have to sell my house and move away from here.

Deep breaths. One day at a time.

God only gives you the grace to handle what He gives you in a day, not all at once for the next few months.