Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October 1st



Aren't there just some months that you are happier than others to come?

For me, October is one of those months. And right on time, we got a nice cool front. I am not a hot weather person, maybe it's from living in Louisiana most of my life.

I remember so vividly something I did as a child and even a teenager - in my childhood bedroom. I slept in the top bunk, and my sister on the bottom. Well, we had this really big window that took up one wall. Remember those old crank-style windows? (Yes, they are still in the house today) Anyway, from my top bunk, I could crank that big window open, and every time we would get a cool front, I would open it. I remember breathing in deeply, the nice cold air. It was like everything was new and fresh. I loved it.

Same today - though thankfully I have modern windows!! I just love opening all the windows on cool days and letting in all the fresh air. I've always thought of it as sort of soul-cleansing. Of course it doesn't - but it feels a little like it!

Welcome October!!! I was ever so happy to flip my little blocks - to October 01.