Friday, August 8, 2008

UPDATE - On First Day of School!

Well, so far so good!

Praise God!!!!!

I know that school is a roller coaster of emotions (for them and especially for me!), but for NOW - like TODAY - it is good.

Jacob was glad to see all of his friends. He was put in all honors classes - which has me concerned. He was in honors reading and English last year, and that was fine. But have these people seen his math scores???? Like on his last I-Leap??? He passes yes, but HONORS MATH??? We shall see. I just hate for him to get used to his schedule, and the people, and then not be able to handle it, and then to have to be pulled out and have his whole schedule rearranged.

Okay.... deep breath..... didn't I start out by saying that everything was GOOD?

Me - by nature, a pessimist. I do have to try to fight that natural "ability" (that should be "dis"-ability) that is in me. It runs in my family - that and the "worry gene".

Jalyn seemed very happy also. She made a new friend. Egypt. I assumed that was a boy name, but knowing my daughter and how she does not yet like boys at all, I figured on second thought that it must be a girl. Yes, Egypt is a girl. She loves her teacher. YEAH!! Fortunately I only have one teacher to worry about for her.

There I go again. I am hopeless!!!

Does everyone else stress over school and homework and grades like me? I can't be the only one, can I?


Oh God, as you can see, I need your help - to be positive and to trust in You alone, and not in my circumstances. Help me to remember that you deserve my praise on good days and bad. Continue to keep my children safe at school, and give them wisdom. Continue to change my heart from the pessimist I am to the person You want me to be. Thank You that today was a wonderful day - Thank You for Your blessings!