Friday, August 22, 2008

Joshie's New Thing

Look what Joshua learned to do this week!

He finally figured out how to use the mouse!




When I took these pictures 2 days ago, I was excited. It was like he just took off on a bike. I was cheering him, saying, "Joshie, you did it! You can use the mouse now!!"

What on earth was I thinking?

I must have been crazy.

I was obviously NOT looking into the future AT ALL.

Now, he wants to be on the laptop constantly. I have to take him down off the stool screaming. All through the screaming, he's calling out, "Fick Juner!" - which is Nick Jr.

Diego, Dora, Blues Clues, Wow Wow Wubzy, Piper, Max and Ruby, Wonder Pets - these are the games he wants to play.

And just because he knows how to control the mouse, doesn't mean he can READ. SO, he calls me every few minutes to get somewhere he doesn't know how to get to, or get him off something he's accidentally clicked on.

So, when I was taking these pictures, I guess I thought I could sit at the table nearby and "do my thing", or at least clean house. Not realizing then that I would have to be at his "beck and call".

And look at that face - I think that's the same face I saw on Jacob when he first learned to play video games!

Boys!!


Oh, and by the way - he is SO limiting MY use on the laptop. Which may be a good thing - but I still don't like it!!!!