I saw this, and bought it. All I know is that I have seen Giada use it - from Food Network's "Everyday Italian". Also, they were on sale from $20.00 to $7.99. That was a major factor. My husband said I got it because I love the "gadgettiness" of it. Perhaps..... I told him that it actually reminds me of some old fashioned way of making coffee - in a new fangled kind of way. It's just made with heat and steam.
I had to buy a big mug to go with it, though this wasn't what I was looking for. I wanted one of those big round bowl like mugs, but they didn't have any. Also, I do not really like the pattern on this mug. But... I settled.
I LOVE latte's. Of course, I have no way to get my milk or cream all foamy like they do in the coffee shops, unless of course someone knows a trick to that????
So.. I think (emphasis on THINK) that latte's are made with espresso and milk. So, I decided for $8 bucks, it was worth a try.
I honestly didn't even know what to do with it. I read the very limited instructions that came with it. They didn't really help.
So, this morning, I went on the only "place" I know that shows you how to do just about everything - You Tube, and watched several creative videos showing how to do this. I didn't even know it had a name - but of course You Tube does - it's a Moka Pot.
Espresso itself looks a little like the muddy Mississippi.
And no, I do not drink it like that. I'm one of those people who likes a little coffee in her milk!
So, I take a mixture of half and half and milk, and heat it in the microwave, then pour the espresso in (and add sugar of course).
Viola! My version of a latte.
Oh, is it good? I guess. I'll have to try it a few more times to just to see....



