
Sleep is something that comes to me very easily - so I usually never give it much thought.
But for the second night in a row, however, as I lay there sooo tired - even yawning, trying so hard to fall asleep, I couldn't.
So I lay there, thinking of this "thing" I am waiting for. And since it usually happens to easily - it doesn't usually feel like I am "waiting" for anything.
Last night, though, it's like I was waiting for a train, an elevator, a door to open, something to transport me to that magical land of sleep. You know, that moment where your conscious mind drifts off to sleep - that little window in time, that on good nights - you drift off into dreamland without even noticing you went.
But when you can't sleep, and you are trying so hard to sleep, you begin to think about that moment. When will it come? Please come. I began to feel like I was waiting to be beamed up by a spaceship, or waiting to get on a bus - anything to take me off to sleep.
My husband usually has trouble falling to sleep, and though I feel bad for him, I usually say (or think) something like this, "Just lay down long enough, and it will come." Now I am feeling more sympathetic towards him, and all those who suffer this dilemma.
And you know what? After all that waiting last night, I still didn't notice when sleep finally came. You lay and wait and wait, and somehow - you are there, you wake up, and you can't remember actually falling asleep.
I do hope tonight I go back to my "old self". Just to be sure, I think I'll just drink water all day - no caffeine for me!



