
My husband got a motorcycle a couple of months ago.
I was not really happy, or supportive. Not sure if I still am or not. I figure if it really makes him happy, who am I to protest? I just pray extra hard for him.
I have never ridden on it before. He's asked me to a few times, but I had managed to avoid it.
Until today!
I actually asked him to take me! (Yes, I have come a long way from when he first got it - I may have uttered the words that I would never get on it)
Okay, so it's my first time EVER riding a motorcycle. How did it feel? The breeze felt great. The road was close. I tried not to think of how close I could be to death. I gripped the strap on the seat with one hand and my husband's side with the other hand. I didn't look past him, preferring not to see the cars that were speeding toward us. I just looked to side, feeling the wind come up under the helmet. It did seem a little harder to hold on than I expected, especially when he increased his speed. It's a little like an amusement ride, when we stop, I go forward, bumping into the back of him.
I DID NOT LIKE wearing the helmet. For anyone who knows me - I do not wear hats!! The only plus about wearing the helmet, is that no one could see me through it - thankfully, because my hair was a MESS under there! Of course, I wouldn't be crazy enough to get on there without a helmet - I'd rather have my hair a mess - than my head!
I know God is ultimately in control, but there is something nice about riding on the back of a bike, holding onto your husband, feeling as if he's got your life in his hands.
I'm not rushing out to by any leather, or joining any motorcycle gangs/clubs - but I can see this first trip as the beginning of something....



