Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Life's little pleasures

Don't you just love going to places like "Hobby Lobby"? I am actually torn between what do I enjoy more - a new outfit, or a few new little things for the house. Hhmmm... I can't decide.
We had to drop Jacob off for a youth group get-together/bible study over lunch, and me and Jalyn and Joshua had to "kill some time". We went to Sicilly's Pizza (yeah for kids eat free on Tuesdays) and then to Hobby Lobby.
I love strolling the isles looking for things that catch my eye. Of course it's not quite what I would consider as relaxing, seeing how Joshua has turned 3 and won't sit in a buggy. So, while chasing him around and making sure he's not breaking anything, I get to occasionally glance around. Jalyn is a HUGE help to me in this department - she will follow him or spend 5 minutes on the Christmas ornament isle (in July?), while I go onto the next isle.
Anyway, here are my "treasure's" of the day:

I love the "country" theme, and this was too cute. I couldn't decide what flowers to buy to put in it, and by this time Joshua was getting a little harder to handle, so I just grabbed these little flowers to stick in there. I hope they look okay.





I love angels - and have collected little simple ones over the years. Now these are supposed to be for fall (my favorite season), but they are too pretty to wait till fall. I put them on our mantel.




I found these stars - part of their 4th of July decorations. I bought 2 - I put one on either side of a big window in our front room.




There was of course so much more I wanted to get. There's always next Tuesday!