
Do you see this adorable little creature?
Oh, how I love him to pieces.
HOWEVER, he has turned 3..... And well, I don't know what is up with the whole "terrible two's" theory, but for my 3 kids, nothing gets worse than age 3.
2 is so cute and loveable. They want to please you, and don't yet get the tantrum thing too much.
As cute and loveable as he can be one minute... He can be the opposite (but still cute) the next minute.
He's got this thing that needs to be removed (spanked) from him. He yells (barks orders) at us. Like this: This evening I took him to the park, and he wants me to follow him. Well, at 2, it was a sweet "Come on Mama", or a hand reaching back for me. Now, I get this, "MAMA, COME HERE!!!!" It has taken on a demanding tone. I try ignoring it, I tell him he's not talking nice, and I tell him how to say please.... All the while he looks at me in the eyes, as if he may be getting what I am saying. The next minute, he does it again. It's getting a little embarrassing.
He's emotional to begin with. About everything. He can be soooo sweet. He can be scared easily. He can be soooo happy. And now, he can be soooo demanding.
Especially with Jalyn. Poor girl. Wherever we are, he wants her to be right along side him. She's 9, he's 3. She doesn't always want to be doing what he wants her to (thank God he wants her more than me sometimes!) He literally yells to her,"SISSY, SIT DOWN ON FLOOR!", "SISSY, COME HERE!", "SISSY, PLAY TOYS!".
I told him he needs to be a dictator to a small country.
And then they need to overthrow him.
Which is about to happen here. At this age, Jacob could understand full well everything I said (of course he began talking at 8 months). Joshua on the other hand (who began talking in Feb.), makes me doubt what he gets and doesn't get. I'm not sure he has the full understanding of what he does. When he is in scream mode, and I give him a whack on his bottom, oh, he stops right away. You can see the emotion on his face. Like his pride is hurt. He tries not to cry. And that usually works for a couple of minutes.
I would rather the tactic he used last night. I went to my PJ's get together with the ladies from church, so I was gone for a couple of hours. When I got home I went into his room, and he ran to me, "Mama!!!" He gave me a hug, then said sweetly, "Mama play toys". Then he got up and closed the door to his room, so just in case I thought of leaving - no! Now, a mother can't really resist when it is done sweetly.
However, if he would have screamed those words at me, then slammed the door - now that would have been a different story.
I don't want to be a "screaming Mama", and I don't thing screaming at him when he is screaming at me is the answer, but boy does he drive me to it at times.
Any advice would be appreciated.



