
We had a nice, quiet weekend. We went a few places, but mostly stayed home. It was great, because two days in a row - we had these wonderful, big, thunderstorms. We got lots of rain.
The lightening was pretty bad (sorry Bronie - who actually bore the painful brunt of the lightening), but the thunder and rain was awesome.
My mom is depressed by rainy days, and I am just the opposite. Now, of course I don't like it when I have things to do - places to go, and it's raining. (How "human" of me - I want it when I want it!)
I just love how the house turns dark, and the trees begin blowing (and if you knew how hot it is here, ANY wind and blowing trees look and feel wonderful!), the rain begins coming down hard, the thunder booms in the distance. It is great. Clay even opens up all the blinds - he loves it as much as I do. Of course, when our power went out for somewhere around 2 hours, we didn't enjoy that part as much!
This morning I looked out my windows and saw my once dry grass - a brilliant green!
During the power outage, I did something I needed to do, but dreaded doing (for all of you who read my blog know) - I sorted through the school supplies! (sinking feeling in stomach) I have most of everything they need, with just a few things left to buy. We even managed to get Jalyn a pair of school shoes this weekend - so we are getting ready, slowly.
I just have to mention church yesterday, as well. Most of the time, we are rushing in - late, or at the last minute. Yesterday, we were arriving along with everyone else - and I got to talk with so many people, before and after church. During the service, I looked around - and saw that the room was just overflowing with people. It was one of those Sundays that remind you that you have a big, wonderful, extended family. It was great!
Oh, this was the sunset after the storm on Sunday evening:



