Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A childhood summer activity

Joshua and Mama played with chalk the other day.



Buzz Lightyear had to join us.



I had to make a Daddy sun, a Mama sun and he actually helped me with the baby sun.



Now he's showing me his chalky hand.



He can't resist trying to close the lens cover.



As I was looking at him through the camera, I couldn't help notice his hands and feet. Who doesn't love baby hands and feet? Me and Clay always called our baby's hands "Starfish hands" - because they are all plump and starfish-like! As they get older, the plumpness changes into slender fingers, but for now, he's still got the starfish fingers!



And the chubby feet, who could forget those. I love kissing those feet (when they aren't covered in chalk dust). I look at them and remember Jacob's feet. And then I wonder if Joshua will have a size 12 (!!) foot when he's 12 yr. old. For now, I'll enjoy these little feet.