Thursday, July 10, 2008

The count down begins

Today is July 10th. The new school year begins in one month. Why does that have to strike such fear in me? Maybe from experience. Not to mention all of my own first days of school - and all the emotions that come with that, but also because I can guess what's ahead.
Having to wake up so early, and worse yet - getting 2 kids out of bed so early. And way, way, way worse than that is the homework. I won't go there - other than to say it depresses me.
I realized something the other day. What are typically the 2 most difficult years in school? I know 7th grade is always at the top of that list. 4th grade is also. And wouldn't you know it??? I've got to deal with both of those grades at the same time. 2 KIDS TAKING THE LEAP - IN THE SAME YEAR!!!!! Teachers seem to give the most work, and most homework to the kids when they are taking the LEAP Test. They so want them to score well - they make sure they know the work. Which in turn leads to stressed out and overworked kids (and moms).
I so pray I am letting my imagination run wild, and they will both sail through this year with ease.
Oh that does sound too good to be true, but a girl can hope.