Sunday, June 22, 2008

Jacob's Home!!!

Jacob made it home last night around 11pm. He came back with a bag of dirty clothes, some of the stinkiest smelling shoes (AACK, they smell like fish - they were worn white water rafting - and have been closed up in a back pack ever since), but best of all, he came back with some great stories. I'm sure he could have stayed up all night telling me all about the trip, but, I did have to get to bed. So, I told him we would continue today. Even though he was so tired, he was kind of wired - just to be home, so I'm not sure what time he finally fell asleep.

One of the greatest things he said so far was: "I'm going to take a shower - then read my bible. I know sometimes I get bored in church, but I never knew reading your bible could be so much fun!"

Not having been a Christian until I was an adult, I'm sure there are all kind of creative ways to reach kids and make it fun to study your bible, but I must not know of any! Thank God for youth pastors to give what I lack. I know I can take it from here at least!

Oh, and my son who will rarely brush his teeth without me telling him to, and the same one who misplaces everything, brought back everything I packed. Also, I asked him if he had showered while he was away (no - he wasn't dirty - he looked fine), says to me "Yes Mom, I showered every night and even brushed my teeth every day. I kind of liked becoming responsible."

Reading his bible and brushing his teeth daily???!!!!

Do these youth trips only come around once a year?