Thursday, June 19, 2008

Stone Mountain

Well, of all my list of worries, I think I forgot to add "falling off a mountain" to it.

Jacob called me a little while ago, and say's "Mom, do you know where I am right now?" I'm hoping he doesn't say "hospital" or something like that. He says, "I am on top of Stone Mountain. It is the most beautiful and awesome thing ever. I can see the Atlanta skyline! The mountain is a giant rock miles up from the earth and it sparkles everywhere. And guess what? Tonight we are coming back up for a laser show. It's going to be so cool!"

So, I casually go to the computer to look up this "Stone Mountain". When I see the picture, of course my first thought was "Wow, beautiful". Then, "What, there are no guardrails, ropes holding people up, etc." And knowing my daredevil son as I do, I begin to slightly panic.







So I try to call him back. Again and again. Did he already plummet down, or what? He wouldn't answer. Finally after some length of time, he answers. He's like, "Oh, you've been trying to call, sorry Mom. We've been sliding down the side of the mountain on a handrail going as fast as we can. I've only fell 4 times, and have a little cut."

I'm like, "Jacob, be careful, do you hear me? Do not do that again! Jacob, please don't do anything to hurt yourself!"

He said they were beginning to walk down to head to the concert.
I breathed a sigh of relief.

I hope for the laser show - at night - in the dark- they have their feet planted on the ground, on the field.