
For many years, I would schedule my time with God according to one kid or anothers nap time. Then gradually naps have come and gone for Jalyn, and now they are going (sadly) for Joshua. So, sometimes I'd have time with Him, and sometimes I wouldn't find the time.
For the past several months though, things have changed. As soon as I open my eyes in the morning, well before the kids are up, I sense Him calling me. My place to meet with Him is at the kitchen table, with the blinds up - over looking the backyard and morning sky. Thankfully there are few times I try to "get out of it" by going back to sleep. On those times I do that, I miss my "morning time" so much.
This morning, I opened my eyes, and immediately knew I was to go spend time with Him, that He was calling me. I used to be like Samuel, when God would call me, I didn't recognize His voice, so I usually didn't listen. Now, when I feel that urging - I see it as something so wonderful and so special - to know God wants me to spend time with Him. Who could roll over and go back to sleep? Not once you know his voice anyway.
So I sneak out quietly down the hall to the kitchen. Put on a pot of coffee and sit down at the table. I have my bible and journal and whatever bible study I am doing (and usually scraps of papers and books that need to be put away) on a chair next to the dining room table. I am always so blessed by my time with Him, praying He will give me more time until I hear the patter of feet coming down the hall, and my day begins.



