Friday, May 23, 2008

Life After Idol


I know, I know, it's just a TV show. And for those of you who don't watch it - you may not get it. There's no sitcoms I watch anymore. It's usually HGTV, Food Network, and TLC. Mom stuff!
But American Idol is the one thing that is new and current. Me and Jalyn love it. Jacob would walk in the room every now and then to ask how many people were left - but had no real interest. Clay couldn't get into it this year - or last either. I think he left off when Chris Daughtry didn't win.
Now..... I guess I'll read even more than I already do. I know that dance show (who can dance the best or whatever) starts soon (I think), but I don't think I could get into that.
Back to American Idol - I was beyond shocked that David Cook won - I wanted him to win, but thought for sure David Archuletta would get it- the way everyone in the audience screamed like they were looking at the Beatles or Elvis - when he stepped on stage. I liked him too, but I didn't prefer his smooth (old) sounding songs. I prefer the edgier rock voice of David C.

When they announced the winner, I screamed out of surprise and shock and delight, and Jalyn screamed "NNNOOOO!!!!". Hey, it's a few days later, and she's over it.
Me and her will be counting down until next season. That seems sooo long away.