"I remember my affliction and
my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.
I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast
within me.
Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord's great
love we are not
consumed,
for His compassion's never
fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:19-23
Yesterday morning I was feeling really down about something. I was sort of moping and wallowing in my feelings. I was trying to pray through my feelings and give them to God.
You know how it's easy to say how we need to trust God and not worry - when we don't have any major worries. Then the events come that threaten that trust and security. You suddenly can't seem to keep your thoughts and heart where you know they should be.
Well, God saw my mopey self yesterday morning, and blessed me in spite of it. He always knows just what we need. He says He will provide for us, and I know that means much more than just our bare necessities.
One of my best friends had the day off work, and she called me and said, "Get dressed, get ready, we're going shopping!" We had lunch together first. We got to experience something so neat during our lunch outing. The church she attends is having a Beth Moore Simulcast on Aug. 1-2. It's a live event, a women's conference, that will be broadcast live from the actual event (kind of like pay per view). Anyway, women all over the country that were putting this on at their church got to be part of a live phone call for about 30 min. yesterday, where Beth Moore addressed any questions the ladies had about the event. She talked, answered questions, and then prayed over the coming event. It was pretty neat. (For those of you who don't know Beth Moore, she writes most of the bible studies that the ladies I know do. ) And for those of you who do know her - you just know it was just a little exciting. We sat in my car with the phone on speaker, with Joshua climbing around my lap as we listened! (we were parked!)
Anyway, after that, we did a little shopping and just got to have fun together. Before we went our separate ways for the day, we prayed together about all of the things that are burdening us right now.
My mopey/downcast mood was gone. God knows exactly what we need. And He never fails to surprise me when I know it's from Him. Why am I still surprised? I don't know. Maybe especially for us Moms, we pray about everyone else, and situations in our families, that we don't pray about something special just for us. And He knows that special something that would bless us.
Oh, and the thing I was down about to begin with, went so smoothly yesterday evening - thank you Lord!!!



